Table of Contents
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
- Nevada Residents: Your Nevada Privacy Rights
- European Residents: Your Privacy Rights and International Data Transfer
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the service, provide feedback to third-party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: When you create an FLM account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, username, email address, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as gender, phone number, or birth date. We may publicly display the username that you provide, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience. You can later modify some of the account information you provide through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your personal information, you can request its removal by flagging it
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, Ask the Community posts, FLM Talk posts, and edits to business page information. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt-out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from FLM. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on FLM or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our communications with you, including phone calls, may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions: If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses in connection with such reviews.
- Activity: We store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visits, and businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, location, and requested and referring URLs. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the settings for our applications in iOS or Android privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms (e.g., the FLM website or FLM mobile apps). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one FLM platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other FLM platforms.
- Professional Information: If you represent a business on FLM, we may collect and display information about you related to your business activities, such as a business name that may incorporate your name, or a publicly available business address that is also used as a home address.
Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
Authentication, Security, and Compliance
Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings that are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
- THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Advertisers: Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you. We may also share some non-identifiable, de-identified, or aggregated information from or about you, such as location information, with third parties in connection with advertising programs and data analytics. You may be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings, as described in Section 2 above, or through the Service’s settings.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on FLM and content distributors. For example, we disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or interacted with advertisements, or that we believe visited the physical location of a particular business.
- Businesses on FLM: Keep in mind that businesses can view your public activity and posts, and may receive information from or about you when you transact or communicate with them, through FLM or otherwise, regardless of your settings (see Section 1 above). Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your call with the business that the business would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint (but not your personal information) with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Service may link to third-party-controlled websites, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third-Party Integrations: If you sign up for, or log into, FLM using a third-party service like Apple, Facebook, or Google, or link your FLM account to your account with a third-party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third-party service through the Service, that third-party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third-party service. If you interact with businesses through FLM, they will receive whatever information you choose to share with them, for example, the contact information you share through direct messages to the business or your phone number if you call the business
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
You can close your account by emailing us at email@example.com. If you request your information be deleted from the Service, we will remove your profile information, including name, username, email address, phone number, gender, and birthday. We may maintain residual copies of your personal information in our backup systems. Please note that businesses cannot remove their business pages, ratings, or reviews by closing their accounts.
According to the Facebook Platform rules, we must provide User Data Deletion Callback URL or Data Deletion Instructions URL. If you want to delete your activities for FriendlyLikeMe.com, you can remove your activities by the following instructions.
- Go to Your Facebook Account’s Setting & Privacy. Click ”Setting“.
- Then, go to ”Apps and Websites” and you will see all of your Apps activities.
- Select the option box for FriendlyLikeMe.
- Click the ” Remove” button.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We use various safeguards such as modern cryptography to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
Friendly Like Me, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Manager
1020 19th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights around FLM’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
FLM does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
FLM collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information. A more detailed description of the information FLM collects and how we use it is provided above in Section 1 (Information We Collect and How We Use It). Section 3 (Third Parties) describes the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow FLM to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. You can learn more about how to submit a data rights by emailing FLM at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us by emailing FLM at email@example.com.
- NEVADA RESIDENTS: YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt-out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. FLM does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us through the app.
- EUROPEAN RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access your personal data, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal data. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. The Service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by emailing FLM to unsubscribe.