Welcome to Friendly Like Me. Thank you for being here!
At Friendly, accessibility is our thing. And our hope...is that each time you discover a place with suitable accommodations you say so in FLM, making a quick mark to pay it forward. With every review, you kindly signal to the person traveling behind you, “This is a friendly place.”
- Get started by creating your account and be sure to select your preferences.
- Find the places you already know and rate them for accessibility. With each rating, you tell others like you, "This place is a good fit" or "Find a different place." You're also helping to support your favorite places that make fit and accessibility a priority.
- Encourage any business owners you know to claim their listing on Friendly Like Me.
- Take us with you when you go out--and get into Friendly review mode! Together with others like you, we'll rate them all!
You're ready to get out there and start making an accessible world a reality. Please let us know how we can help you.
Tips for Using Friendly Like Me
Type the name of a business or what you're searching for into the Search box, e.g.
- theaters near me
Enter a Location or use your Current Location.
Use Filters to refine your search and sort results:
- Select a business Type and Subtype
- Choose Amenities that matter to you
- Find businesses friendly to Communities
Map displays results on a map
Making your business more Friendly
- Provide a variety of seating options, including some chairs with no arms
- Ensure information about parking and accessibility is clear to patrons
- Train your staff to recognize when someone needs accommodation and to respond without judgment
- Set aside 1-2 spaces for people in wheelchairs or that need more room.
- Ensure aisles are unobstructed and roomy enough to travel smoothly between tables
- Ensure bathrooms are accessible from the main floor
- If you provide personal care services, make sure treatment chairs accommodate higher-weight bodies.